Why Environmental Management Systems?
Human being, as an organic whole is an integral and inseparable part of nature. While pursuing business or an industry, man must care for the environment, which gives him so much. World over, the industries are becoming increasingly concerned about achieving and demonstrating their environmental performance. There are growing compulsions from tough legislations and mounting public pressures. Environmental disasters such as Bhopal tragedy, Chernobyl disaster, acid rain damage, etc. have led to growing public pressures and governments all over the world have started imposing stringent legislations with severe penalties on environmental issues.
Business leaders initially were defensive in adopting Environmental Management Programme but are now convinced to adopt a proactive approach towards environmental issues. Environmental management is part of business risk management and its effective management leads to reduced liability, cost savings, improved finance and insurance access and/or benefits.
The business community has a crucial role to play in achieving sustainable development, a significant expression of which is the ICC Business Charter for Sustainable Development.
International Standards provide a reference framework, or a common technological language, between suppliers and their customers – which facilitates trade and the transfer of technology. ISO 14001 is an international standard related to Environmental Management Systems (EMS). ISO 14001 is the standard against which companies can set the EMS certification to demonstrate compliance to the requirements.
EMS certification enables organizations to follow a systematic approach in converting environmental challenges into opportunities. Environmental Management can help organizations to approach environmental issues systematically and to integrate environmental care as a normal part of their operations and business strategy.
Why Choose Transpacific Certifications Limited for EMS Certification?
- Transpacific Certifications Limited offers certification/registration services for Environmental Management Systems as per ISO 14001, besides offering a range of other services like certification of Quality Management Systems as per ISO 9001, Food Safety Management Systems (including HACCP) as per ISO 22000, Information Security Management Systems as per ISO 27001, Occupational Health & Safety as per OHSAS 18001.
- TCL is a fast growing certification body possessing highly skilled and experienced human resources dedicated to provide quality services to our clients for achieving excellence in business. Our clients, numbering more than 10,000 bear a testimony to this.
- TCL has the distinction of being one of the few organizations accredited by JAS-ANZ for all scopes of QMS, EMS, OHSAS, ISMS and FSMS in India, which means we can handle work of all categories and diverse industry types.
- TCL is also accredited with National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB) for Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001.
- TCL is one of the very few certification bodies in India permitted to use logo of IAF Logo (International Accreditation Forum Inc., World Association for Conformity Assessment) on the certificate as per agreement signed with them through AB.
- TCL has a global presence. We have offices in various countries like Bulgaria, Egypt, Korea, Turkey, UK etc.
ISO 14001 Registration Process : Our Methodology
At Transpacific Certifications Limited our methodology for ISO 14001 registration/certification consists of the following steps:
- Signing of Contract
- Pre-audit (optional) to identify gap analysis of your current position against the standard
- Stage I Audit – Documentation Review
- Stage II Audit – Initial Certification Audit
- Issuance of Certificate
- Surveillance Audits to ensure maintenance of system and continual improvement
- Re-certification through full audit after 3 years for continual assessment
For any type of query, please click here.