Why Food Safety Management System ?
Food safety Management System is a global concern and public health is a sensitive subject having far-flung impact on trade and business. Traditionally, industry and regulators have depended on spot-checks of manufacturing conditions and random sampling of final products to ensure safe food. This approach, however, tends to be reactive, rather than preventive, and can be less efficient than the new system. Over a period of time, a new management system for food safety has evolved as ISO 22000.
Food safety Management System is being adopted by many food chain industries to analyze, identify critical controls and establish measures to prevent potential hazards associated with a food – be it biological or physical. With emerging challenges in the food industry, many organizations are adopting food safety system on a wider basis. There also is increasing public health concern about chemical contamination of food. Another important factor is that the size of the food industry and the diversity of products and processes have grown tremendously – both domestic and imported. For food industry, adoption of Food safety Management System is becoming imperative to reach global standards, demonstrate compliance to Regulations/Customer requirements besides providing safer food to our millions. More and more industries are adopting it as complimentary to the QMS, thereby deriving multiple benefits.
TCL offers services of assessing the capability of the organization’s Food Safety Management Systems (including HACCP) and providing third party certification as per the standard ISO 22000.
International Standards provide a reference framework, or a common technological language, between suppliers and their customers – which facilitates trade and the transfer of technology. ISO 22000 is an international standard related to Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS).
ISO 22000 focuses on the total food chain – farming, processing, manufacturing, wholesale, retail food service and also on the interested parties – customers, suppliers, public authorities, etc.
Why Choose Transpacific Certifications Limited for FSMS Certification?
- Transpacific Certifications Limited offers certification/registration services for Food Safety Management Systems (including HACCP) as per ISO 22000, besides offering a range of other services like certification of Quality Management Systems as per ISO 9001, Environmental Management Systems as per ISO 14001, Information Security Management Systems as per ISO 27001, Occupational Health & Safety as per OHSAS 18001 etc.
- TCL is a fast growing certification body possessing highly skilled and experienced human resources dedicated to provide quality services to our clients for achieving excellence in business. Our clients, numbering more than 10,000 bear a testimony to this.
- TCL has the distinction of being one of the few organizations accredited by JAS-ANZ for all scopes of QMS, EMS, OHSAS, ISMS and FSMS in India, which means we can handle work of all categories and diverse industry types.
- TCL is also accredited with National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB) for Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001.
- TCL is one of the very few certification bodies in India permitted to use logo of IAF Logo (International Accreditation Forum Inc., World Association for Conformity Assessment) on the certificate as per agreement signed with them through AB.
- TCL has a global presence. We have offices in various countries like Bulgaria, Egypt, Korea, Turkey, UK etc.
ISO 22000 Registration Process : Our Methodology
At Transpacific Certifications Limited our methodology for ISO 22000 registration/certification consists of the following steps:
- Signing of Contract
- Pre-audit (optional) to identify gap analysis of your current position against the standard
- Stage I Audit – Documentation Review
- Stage II Audit – Initial Certification Audit
- Issuance of Certificate
- Surveillance Audits to ensure maintenance of system and continual improvement
- Re-certification through full audit after 3 years for continual assessment
For any type of query, please click here.