Why Occupational Health and Safety System?
Registration to Occupational Health and Safety System, ISO 45001, by an independent, third party, certification body demonstrates a commitment to implement, maintain and improve the way in which you manage your Health and Safety system.
Organisations registered to Occupational Health and Safety System can be more confident about meeting the requirements of Health and Safety legislation. The setting of targets through the Health and Safety policy, together with the ongoing measurement against it ensures a process of continual improvement.
They can also benefit from the following advantages of Occupational Health and Safety System:
- Identify and control health and safety risks
- Reduce the potential for accidents
- Reduce sick days as a result of work-related injuries and ill-health
- Generate greater staff engagement
- Reduce insurance premiums
- Ensure compliance
- Avoid fines and lost productivity.
ISO 45001 is the International Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard. It was published in March 2018, and is intended to address occupational health and safety (OH&S) rather than product safety.
ISO 45001 provides a framework to the effective management of OH&S including compliance with the legislation that applies to your activities and identified hazards. In layman’s terms, it provides a framework to identify, control and reduce the risks associated with health and safety in the organization’s workplace.
Who is ISO 45001 applicable to?
The standard is applicable to any organisation that wishes to eliminate or minimize risk to employees and other stakeholders who may be exposed to OH&S risks associated with its activities. Many organizations will have elements required by ISO 45001 already in place which can be supplemented to provide a more cohesive management system to meet the requirements of the standard.
Organisations that implement ISO 45001 have a clear management structure with defined authority and responsibility, clear objectives for improvement, with measurable results and a structured approach to risk assessment. This includes the monitoring of health and safety management failures, auditing of performance and review of policies and objectives.
Why Choose Transpacific Certifications Limited for ISO 45001 Certification?
- Transpacific Certifications Limited offers certification/registration services for Operational Health & Safety as per ISO 45001, besides offering a range of other services like certification of Quality Management Systems as per ISO 9001, Environmental Management Systems as per ISO 14001, Food Safety Management Systems (including HACCP) as per ISO 22000, Information Security Management Systems as per ISO 27001 etc.
- TCL is a fast growing certification body possessing highly skilled and experienced human resources dedicated to provide quality services to our clients for achieving excellence in business. Our clients, numbering more than 14,000 bear a testimony to this.
- TCL has the distinction of being one of the few organizations accredited by JAS-ANZ for all scopes of QMS, EMS, OHSAS, ISMS and FSMS in India, which means we can handle work of all categories and diverse industry types.
- TCL is also accredited with National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB) for Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001.
- TCL is one of the very few certification bodies in India permitted to use logo of IAF Logo (International Accreditation Forum Inc., World Association for Conformity Assessment) on the certificate as per agreement signed with them through AB.
- TCL has a global presence. We have offices in various countries like Bulgaria, Egypt, Korea, Turkey, UK etc.
ISO 45001 Registration Process : Our Methodology
At Transpacific Certifications Limited our methodology for ISO 45001 registration/certification consists of the following steps:
- Signing of Contract
- Pre-audit (optional) to identify gap analysis of your current position against the standard
- Stage I Audit – Documentation Audit
- Stage II Audit – Implementation Audit
- Issuance of Certificate
- Surveillance Audits to ensure maintenance of system and continual improvement
- Re-certification through full audit after 3 years for continual assessment
For any type of query, please click here.